2007-02-13

Links

The Strange Death of Ordinary Language Philosophy
I read Gellner's Words and Things early last year, I've been struggling with Ryle's The Concept of Mind for years (I made a concerted effort to start from scratch last year and am bogged down in the middle - it's not that I find it difficult, I find it intensely tedious and pointless after the first few chapters).

Stephen Law on religious defences of belief in God
I finished Law's The War for Children's Minds a couple of weeks ago. It's generally a good book, though Law could have done with an editor with a big stick. I'll write some more about that eventually. Probably. Maybe.

Is Justified True Belief Knowledge?
The Guerrilla Radio Show was recommended by someone on the OU AA311 forum. It's interesting, if you skip the first five minutes (ads for the show, which generally consist of Americans yelling over heavy metal). Once the yelling's over, you get an hour of intelligent American philosophy postgrads discussing various topics (with the occasional regrettable yelling interlude), and this paper was mentioned in the Knowledge 101 show.

No comments: